The funding will help Outfund invest in the development of new products. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Outfund, a revenue-based financing provider, has raised $144.6M in a mix of equity and debt. The $18.9M Series A round drew participation from Force Over Mass Capital, PostFinance, 1818 Venture Capital, and Tribe Capital. The $125.7M in debt financing was provided by undisclosed investors.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- UK-based Outfund enables e-commerce companies to raise revenue-based growth capital without having to give away equity.
- The platform operates across 4 countries and has offices in London, Barcelona, Toronto, and Bondi Junction (Australia).
- In 2021, the company’s revenue grew by 6x. It also expanded into 3 new countries.
- Outfund is supported by a team of 75+ people.
WHY DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The global revenue-based financing market is expected to reach a value of $42.4B by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 61.8%, according to Allied Market Research.
- Startups are looking to obtain growth capital more quickly, which has contributed to growth in this market.
- Companies increasingly turned to alternative financing options amid pandemic-induced financial downturn.